What are bioidentical hormones?
Bioidentical hormones are derived from plants and chemically altered until they mimic both the structure and function of the hormones that naturally exist in your body. They are unique in that they can be customized and dosed, ensuring that your body receives precisely what it needs.
The number one goal of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) is to balance your hormones so that we can:
- Relieve the symptoms that develop as the body's natural production of hormones drops
- Reestablish the protective benefits supplied by an abundant supply of hormones
- Encourage the body to age healthfully and naturally
Should you consider bioidentical hormone replacement therapy?
Ideal candidates for among the best hormone therapy Austin has available include both men and women who suffer from certain hormone-related conditions, such as adrenal fatigue, thyroid disease, metabolic syndrome and sexual dysfunction.
Individuals who suffer from hormone-related symptoms also tend to thrive with this treatment approach – especially if they are impacting your quality of life. For example, the following symptoms offer an indication that bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may be beneficial:
- Hair loss
- Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Pain during intercourse
- Reduced muscle mass
- Weight gain
- Hot flashes
- Loss of energy
- Sleeplessness and fatigue
- Depression and mood swings
- Foggy thinking, memory loss and poor concentration